Early Childhood Screening
Early Childhood screening is a free and simple check of how your child is growing, developing and learning.
Screening is required by the State of Minnesota for any child enrolling in a public school and is provided free of charge. While screening is required prior to kindergarten, the recommended age is 3 and is required prior to enrollment in preschool and pre-kindergarten programs. For more information, visit Minnesota Department of Education website.
During screening a trained professional will check:
- vision and hearing
- height and weight
- immunization history
- large and small muscles
- thinking, language and communication skills
- social and emotional development
To schedule a screening for your child, click below or contact our office.
- If you need an interpreter, please call us at: 651-425-6636
- Español: Si usted no entiende la información, por favor llámenos al (651) 425-7209
- Hmoob: Yog koj tsis totaub qhov tsab ntawv, thov hu rau vim muaj yam tseem ceem. Ua koj tsaug. 651-425- 6636
- Tiếng Việt: Nếu bạn không hiểu các thông tin, xin vui lòng gọi cho chúng tôi 651-425-6636
- Soomaaliga: Haddii aad u baahan tahay turjumaan, fadlan wac 651-425-6636
Help Me Grow is a Statewide website that provides resources for families to understand developmental milestones and learn if there are concerns. Click on the link below for more information.
District Program Center
8400 E. Point Douglas Rd. S.
Cottage Grove, MN 55016